Am I a traitor?

medoramas

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
OK, I used to have the bike of my life. It got stolen 8 days ago. Marin Indian Fire Trail 1993, build 99% from the parts I bought here. I build it to the point where it became my ultimate bike. And it was my only bike, used daily for commuting (approx 15 miles both ways), then tyres swap for the weekends. I felt devastated after the loss.

But luckily I added it to my home insurance few months ago. They valued the bike for nice amount, but it turned out that it would be pointless taking cash compensation (excess and some administrative costs), so I went for a brand new bike. And I feel excited waiting for it - should be here Monday... But kinda bad too at the same time. My heart has always been full of love to retro mtb's, but now it's gonna be experiencing the modern world. Is the Retro Spirit going to forgive me?

modern is the new retro (given 10 years).

i sold my most retro bike last week, although it makes me somewhat sad in that like yours it was a trusty companion, i was not longer able to ride so it made the pain less. ..... and life moves on otherwise we'd be in poenny farthings.

you can always put the new bike on ebay and then buy up somne retro bikes - it is good time to buy.

what is this new fangled bike of yours anyways?

It's always tough having your bike stolen, I think yours is the third 'stolen' post in the last 24 hours and I really sympathise with you.

Like the previous post by 02gf74 I am intrigued to know what your new-fangled bike is and how you get on with it.

And I don't think you're a traitor - I think you'll wind up putting another
pre-98 bike together before very long :D

you will be back to another retro bike,
i tried a modern full susser, ended up going back to retro.
sorry for your loss. be interested in seeing your new bike.

On topic though no your not. Ive a old and painful leg injury and recently its been gypping me more and more. pretty much no offroad riding on a hardtaill is getting unbearable in the pain department so i'm having to give up my rigid

Yeah, I think it's okay that you went for a new bike. It's not like you actually wanted rid of your Marin. And sorry to hear about it getting stolen!

And how do you like the Cinder Cone? I was gonna look into one but I ended up getting another bike. I love Kona tho..

Back