Accidents - **WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGE CONTENT**

graham1975

Senior Retro Guru
Just thought as MBR do this every month why shouldnt retrobikes, i havnt actualy caused serious injury to myself as yet but im sure we can get some gory pics and tales :LOL: :LOL:

Title edited ;)
Pickle

I already posted this in the "broken carbon bars" section but to start the ball rolling.....
About ten years ago we had a small bmx track at Emerald park near Yarmouth and on the weekends we used to go there to get some air,nobody used this place at the time so we had it to ourselves :D The tallest ramp was only about 8 feet tall but was angled well so you could launch off it :cool: At the time I had an early scott full suspension bike (can't remember what it was called :roll: ) and I had some marin 7005 risers on it that where about two years old.I launched off the ramp to a great height and thought "THIS IS GOING TO HURT"and lo and behold when I landed quite hard on the left hand side of my bars they just snapped at the bend :twisted: :twisted: :cry: :cry: the broken section stayed in my hand until I hit the floor, at which point the part still on my bike pinned two of my fingers to the ground :shock: When I had plucked up courage to get up I could see the bone in my second finger, and it was chipped visibly :shock: :shock: the skin had peeled off like a banana and it did not bleed for a few seconds... and then the blood flowed I must have lost about three pints :LOL: :LOL: (maybe not but alot) I had to have eight stitches but luckily the hospital was only around the corner. :roll: I still have some nice scars on those two fingers and they ache before a thunderstorm(and whenever I think about it) :LOL: :LOL:
Pics up below :D :D

Attachments

• P1000837.JPG
    P1000837.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 5,078
No pics, but the only noteworthy big off I've had was in 93(ish).

Jumping the doubles at my local BMX course all day on my DB Apex. Mates turn up, I decided to show off, hit the doubles far too fast, clear the gap AND the landing ramp :shock: Land front wheel first, fold the wheel, bend my Pro Circuit forks under the frame, smash my Specialized helmet and bust my collar bone and shoulder. Bruising was so bad (it was my right shoulder I bust) it spread accross my whole chest.

I've never experienced pain like it :cry:

No blood, but an off moment when riding a tree lined tricky drop in on my local loop :roll:

dsc00366_146.jpg

dsc00368_425.jpg

No pics but got myself a 3 piece collar bone coming down Skiddaw, connected at both ends with a small floating piece in the middle :LOL: 20 years later it still looks weird, big lump under the skin etc :LOL: :LOL:

• Place: Forrest of Dean
    Time: March 2009
    Cause: Me being a skill-less ass on a large jump on a downhill course.
    Resultant injuries: Broken Collar Bone, Internal Bleeding from a bruised kidney, 2 cracked ribs, 1" open gash to the back, biggest most brutal looking bruise I have ever had...yes it was all rather painfull

P1010184.jpg

JeRkY":f76ba0yb said:
  • Place: Forrest of Dean
    Time: March 2009
    Cause: Me being a skill-less ass on a large jump on a downhill course.
    Resultant injuries: Broken Collar Bone, Internal Bleeding from a bruised kidney, 2 cracked ribs, 1" open gash to the back, biggest most brutal looking bruise I have ever had...yes it was all rather painfull

Pah, it'll T-Cut out ;)

Jerky looks like a winner

Not on a bike so it doesn't really count but this one is toe curling :) ...

When the doc flipped it back over I nearly stood up as he did it.

Attachments

• toe03.jpg
    toe03.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 5,007

Latest posts

Back