For Sale 98/99 Steel Bianchi

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
A friend has this 98/99 steel Bianchi for sale. I know it's not especially 'retro' - but it is steel! Knowing John it will be in goodcondition with not a huge mileage. As he's 83 now and has discovered e-bikes he wants to cut down his small 'collection'.

Bianchi.jpg

Specification: 54 cm (centre BB to top of seat tube) Columbus Genius steel frame.

Carbon forks.

Campag Veloce caliper brakes.

Campag Chorus chainset.

Campag Record front & rear gear changers.

Mavic Classic Elite wheels.

Deda Anatomic 310 bars.

ITM stem.

Look pedals.

Selle Italia saddle.

His suggested price is around £250 but please let me know if this is realistic. It would have to be collected from Wakefield area.

Nice classic-looking Bianchi, you can't beat all-Celeste with just simple 'Bianchi' markings. Some of the Pantani-style with yellow paint look ok but I'm not a fan of others e.g. all black.

This would be a good bike for everday running about and nice quick rides or cafe runs etc; it probably handles well and has decent-enough kit fitted.

With all that said it  should be worth around the asking price but it seems to be a slow market and even decent - and decently-priced - bikes aren't moving. I'm no expert - just musing - and certainly not trying to knock the ad so I'm happy to be proved wrong and hope you get a quick sale.

Good luck.

Beautiful. Easily worth the money I'd say, given the tubing. Parts can be upgraded as and when.

GLWS

Muz

Back