93 orange prestige?

dezzi

Dirt Disciple
hi all, am new to retrobike, what a fantastic site

i bought this prestige frame off e-bay in really poor condition, but it only cost 30quid and its a prestige!, i soon sent it off to orange to get a respray and new decals (pics coming soon, orange do a lovely job)

has any one ever seen another prestige in these colours? because i havnt. orange said it was an original and luckily had some (one set) original stickers, would be great if anyone had some pics of theirs, would like to keep it nice and retro

Attachments

• !cid_FAA6992C6550477091C6FA5BD382070D@dariusPC.jpg
    !cid_FAA6992C6550477091C6FA5BD382070D@dariusPC.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,077
Hello dezzi. First bike I bought off retrobike was a Prestige in the same colour as yours. It was one of the last Prestige's so you wont see many about although there's a few kicking around on here if you do a search. :cool:

if any one has any of the seat tube stickers spare please get in touch, they were the only ones orange didnt have

I can't quite make it out from the picture, but it looks like a 91 or 92, rather than a late-model Prestige. The serial number will tie it down.

I haven't seen any pictures in that colour, but Orange seem to have been willing to supply custom colours at times in those days. Don't Bob Jackson do their resprays?

What's the problem with the colour, looks like the standard matt black to me ?
Or is it the sticker colour you're on about ?

anyways, get some good pictures up and what bits you slapping on it ?

Anthony":nt2x5uep said:
I can't quite make it out from the picture, but it looks like a 91 or 92, rather than a late-model Prestige. The serial number will tie it down.

I haven't seen any pictures in that colour, but Orange seem to have been willing to supply custom colours at times in those days. Don't Bob Jackson do their resprays?

Not sure Anthony as it looks like all the cables are routed along the top tube. Thought Orange only started this around '93 :? Like you say though, the serial number will tell all.

brocklanders023":39zi27fy said:
Anthony":39zi27fy said:

Not sure Anthony as it looks like all the cables are routed along the top tube. Thought Orange only started this around '93 :? Like you say though, the serial number will tell all.
I think it's just some and some - these frames look pretty similar otherwise, although in this case the one with top tube routing does have a pulley which indicates sensibility towards top-pull fms not always being easy to find back then.

I date them from the shape of the stay/seat tube/top tube junction.

Attachments

• 1992 Prestige frame size 19.jpg
    1992 Prestige frame size 19.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 984
  • 1992 Prestige frame size 17.jpg
    1992 Prestige frame size 17.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 985
FluffyChicken":36fdtnfm said:
What's the problem with the colour, looks like the standard matt black to me ?
Or is it the sticker colour you're on about ?

anyways, get some good pictures up and what bits you slapping on it ?

yeh the frame is just the normal matt, its just the sticker colours that ive never seen, except on the purple silver fade.
sorry bout the pic, thats the one off the ebay listing, i will take some good ones this weekend of it all sprayed up
parts i have gathered so far are:
tange/tioga shockblades or manitou answer comps (not sure yet, both look great) orange FIR rims with parallax hubs and ritchey tyres (off my 94/95 p7) i also found some NOS 93/94 deore lx mechs, and 93 xt canti's shifter/levers, think ill use the old xt crank with tioga chain rings for now
fitted new tange BB last week and NOS 93 lx headset

would love some syncros bits for it, but stem is proving to be a bit hard to find with a 22.2 quill fit

I think it's just some and some - these frames look pretty similar otherwise, although in this case the one with top tube routing does have a pulley which indicates sensibility towards top-pull fms not always being easy to find back then.

I date them from the shape of the stay/seat tube/top tube junction.

that 1st pic looks like a stunning bike, and that little tange ultimate sticker was a pig to find but have now found a fresh one from america and it finishes the frame off nicely

oh and the frame number confirmed it to be a 93, think it was dave at orange said it was aswell

Back