GT Fan
Feedback
View
thought i'd add my bouncy treks to the list of recent posts

P1030646.jpg

P1030648.jpg

P1030665.jpg

Love them both Mikee :D

Nice to see my old one built up again, its certainly done the rounds on here :LOL:

Hi Mikee,

I like 'em both Boing Boings very much. How's the ride on those with the damping/ rebound adjustments dialled in nicely? Will air shocks like those from Risse do much justice & improve on the ride? These are not URT so guessing if there are better rear shocks around or the originals are adjusted optimally , ride may be abit more pliant no?

Regards & ride safe

old_banger":17840kq1 said:
Will air shocks like those from Risse do much justice & improve on the ride? These are not URT so guessing if there are better rear shocks around or the originals are adjusted optimally , ride may be abit more pliant no?

I think better compliancy and rear shock are the least of your worries...

Of greater concern would be keeping the rear wheel pointing the same direction as the frame...

Strangely, have always had a soft spot for the 9200 in black and purple since it being advertised all the time on inside front of MBUK around '91-'92 ish time - it's pretty 'iconic' (read: notorious) if nothing else!

BB

BoyBurning":w0ctpor2 said:
old_banger":w0ctpor2 said:
Will air shocks like those from Risse do much justice & improve on the ride? These are not URT so guessing if there are better rear shocks around or the originals are adjusted optimally , ride may be abit more pliant no?

Of greater concern would be keeping the rear wheel pointing the same direction as the frame...

Strangely, have always had a soft spot for the 9200 in black and purple since it being advertised all the time on inside front of MBUK around '91-'92 ish time - it's pretty 'iconic' (read: notorious) if nothing else!

BB

Oh yes, the flex on the rear swingarm. Like u, I do have the soft spot for these bikes though....
;)

Also have a soft spot and quite fancy one but I know I'd never ride it :roll:

Great collection you're building up there Mike, keep 'em coming :cool:

BoyBurning":2zmqrtm6 said:
old_banger":2zmqrtm6 said:

BB

this is often quoted , but i'd say its not really a problem ,there is a little sideways flex , but nothing like the critics would have you believe
the stock rubber lump works well if you wind up the pre-load even has some damping ,it works well and feels good to ride , a modern platform shock might be better ,but to be seriously honest i can't see how
it might sound like i think its the greatest thing ever but i bought the
first one as a laugh (see 2 of the worst post) but was impressed with it

BB[/quote]

this is often quoted , but i'd say its not really a problem ,there is a little sideways flex , but nothing like the critics would have you believe
the stock rubber lump works well if you wind up the pre-load even has some damping ,it works well and feels good to ride , a modern platform shock might be better ,but to be seriously honest i can't see how
it might sound like i think its the greatest thing ever but i bought the
first one as a laugh (see 2 of the worst post) but was impressed with it[/quote]

Yes mikee, been following your previous posts on this together with the Dale ( like that too ). Agree with you though....with a bit of elbow grease and some adjustments it can be fun! Still enjoying the Trek Ys too, even with their notorious reputation and all that hate on the URTs...haha

Back