'92 17.5" Marin Bear Valley SE

CarMan

Dirt Disciple

I am new around here, but this is a genuine sale by a mature rider of a very honest bike with a few battle scars the worst of which is a dent on the offside chain stay.

I am happy to answer any questions or provide more detailed pictures. The bike has been mine from new, was thoroughly used but not abused and well maintained for about 5 years and then has been laid up in the dry.

The wheels are new Shimano WH-M505 (recent eBay sales suggest they are worth about £50). The tyres seem ok but are 10+ years old. Everything works as it should though there seems to be a very slight gremlin in the drivetrain somewhere. Period working computer, seat bag, Onza bar ends and pump included.

I'm not keen to go to the effort of boxing and mailing (sorry) so collection only or will meet within a reasonable distance.

Based on comments here (please read my two only other threads) and given it appears the wheels will sell for a reasonable amount if I split, then I'm looking to achieve £100 but will split into complete bike minus wheels and sell the wheels separately.

I hope this doesn't in any way infringe the for sale ad rules, but I would be interested to receive serious comments or PM's from anyone interested in parts (and prices they are prepared to pay - noting that I have a self imposed limit so I don't sell anything, or combination of items, for less than £10 + p&p ) if I decide to split. If there is no interest in the whole bike I may as well sell the wheels and sadly scrap the rest if there is insufficient interest in the rest. Not desperate for cash but need to move on and make some space. The other option is the charity shop!

Re: '92 17.5" Marin Bear Valley SE - price drop

OK, so that idea didn't create any interest then! New price £75 and it's not going to go down again! Collection only and no offers.

That's a great deal. Those early 90's steel Marins make superb touring machines - I'd buy it if I didn't already own one!
It's probably the collection only bit that's the problem. You can get it shipped for around £20 by Parcelforce.

Thanks for the nice words Hamster - I would happily post it, but have no idea how to put it in a box!

Go to your lbs and ask them for one of their old bike boxes, I'm sure they would let you have one as its one less for them to get rid of !

Back