89 Treads

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Need some ideas for some new tyres for my newly acquired 1989 Saracen Trekker Comp.. Preferably skinwall :cool:

I had one from new in 89 and I think it came stock with Farmer Johns, but they were shocking tyres, and with the Double UBrake, real Mud Cloggers :?

Any ideas as to what I should get?

I await Kev's "Anything but FJ Cousins!" reply ;)

Anything but Farmer John Cousins :D

Besides they clog and handle like sh*t (MrK will concur ;) )

My '91 came with Mud Dawg and Trail Dawg (i think :? ), dunno if these were around in '89 though :oops:

neilll":2mu1eipu said:
My '91 came with Mud Dawg and Trail Dawg (i think :? ), dunno if these were around in '89 though :oops:

Nope. Tyre choice was limited in '89.

IIRC my mates and I were riding to skool on a selection of Farmer Johns, FJ Cousins, Specialized Ground Controls and Panaracer TimBukIIs.

Obviously FJs were the coolest as they were fattest! :cool:

I bought my first set of Porcs on a school trip to Germany in 1990!

I switched the Mud/Trails for Specialized Ground Controls and Ground Control Extremes......you could hear me coming for miles....sounded like an effing tractor..... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Yeah they were never reknowned for their Mud Shedding ability..

I bought some original blackwall Porcs for my one, when did these come out? 1990?

Kev I think you are still riding those Porcs from Germany.
18 years is no problem for such a good product :LOL:

Cheers
Stylz

kingroon":37jqj64q said:
I bought some original blackwall Porcs for my one, when did these come out? 1990?

Yep. As I said bought mine on a school trip to Koblenz. All my mates were buying knives and BB guns :shock:

I remember using Hutchinson in the early days , cant remember the name exactly but on the rocks possibly ??

Back