Wanted 7 speed shifters

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
Hi all. I've just picked up an old tatty Raleigh Mirage which I'm trying to fix up on the cheap just as a bit of retro fun until I can afford to get my LTS built. I'm in need of a pair of shifters as the STis are beyond salvaging. Does anyone have a cheapish set of shifters. I'd like to keep it retro but not worried about original so can be either STi brifters or thumb shifters. I really don't mind, I just want it working.

Thanks everyone.

I have some XT M095 brifters and a set of Suntour X-Press (both 3x7) and both in need of a little love (sticky shifting on the right M095 and the left X-Press). Just need dismantled, cleaned and regreased probably, planned to do both soon and sell them on once they were 100%. If either is of interest let me know and I can take photos.

I have a set of LX brifters if you're still looking? They're a bit bit sunfaded but still look good on most bikes.
See my thread over on the LFGSS site, they're near the very end of this long thread:
thank you but out of my budget unfortunately. I've got £40 to built the whole bike and already paid £20 for the bike as well as needing a crankset (which I wasn't aware of). I literally just need a set of tatty £10 shifters to get it working. I really don't care what they are (although not gripshift)

OK, I can see how things are in that case. I might still be able to help you out if you just want something pretty basic. Look in my thread for the freebies section and it mentions several sets of Shimano thumbies. One is a 7 speed set. They're freebies but not entirely as I've put in my thread rules that buying anything else in the thread gets you something in the freebies section of your choice. You could probably get a set of the grips as most are a few quid each, even if you already had a set on your Raleigh. The thumbies are fairly decent and work in either indexed or friction mode. They'll certainly get the bike on the road for you. Another thing is postage isn't included so you'd be paying this on top of the cost of whatever you'd buy to get the freebie shifters.

Back