500LX Exage or Suntour XC LTD Chainset

500LX

This is the 500LX Chainset (from a Marin Bear Valley SE). Needs a clean, but its in good condition i think.

Attachments

• IMG_05132.jpg
    IMG_05132.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 548
this is the Suntour XC LTD chainset with some anodised nuts.

Attachments

• IMG_05142.jpg
    IMG_05142.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 546
Both are probably pretty equal having been mid-level cranks. The better question might be which shift lever you are panning to use? Because the amount of cable travel with each shift corresponds to the spacing of the chainrings to shift accurately and properly.

500lx has lighter rings but when I had these cranks, they wore out quicker than I expected.

And they're shiny!

thanks for the replies. I decide to go with this one, and swapped if for the Suntour XC chainstet with my mate.

Attachments

• IMG_05162.jpg
    IMG_05162.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 523
that balck chainset came off a saracen Killi Flyer with DX all round. It has heavier/thicker chainrings however, than both the suntour XC ltd and the Exage 500LX

Our bikes now look like this. Cheapy value retro builds. Both are works in progress. We came across the Saracen Killi Flyer for free, and committed the heinous crime of splitting it's parts between the two of us.

The green bike is a Shogun Trail Breaker frame (shit frame really, but i like it for now - hoping to get a Prairie Breaker some day - to rebuild the bike I had a a kid, that got nicked)

Attachments

• IMG_0515.JPG
    IMG_0515.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_0517.JPG
    IMG_0517.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 516
Back