1999 Kona Stinky Restoration Completed!!!!

This bike was used in Gloucestershire where the ground is pretty rocky and I cannot recall more than one puncture. I tend to think that a lot of punctures can be prevented with nimble riding and good reflexes as I rarely get a puncture. Yes, I tend to go with the Ergon grips becuase my wrists ache and they really help so I can recommend them.
Bottle and light. It got used and not just for show in the back garden, so the picture is on a day out and not a posed shot. I always put a rear light on my bike, typically as a courtesy to the guys I ride with for when it darkens, but I used to live just off an A road. You will want to be seen by someone coming up on you doing 60mph+

you may be thinking i was talking about the rear dh tire,
the front tire is a unique front tire only, so there is no having "Them" on your kona.

Looks like a fun ride 👍
Thanks dude. The bike is long gone now as I moved to more gentle terrain about ten years ago.
Anyhow, I thought that the pic would be useful for Konacollector as a bit of reference for his lovely frame should he ever decide to build it up.

i have that front tyre, its very puncture prone, you cant buy them anymore, it looks a good tread though

I must have had a tyre very similar on mine then, apart from close inspection it says "factory"
What's the difference between that and a normal XC 1.95 tyre?
I don't have the bike anymore to look.
How is the tyre unique.? just asking.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back