1999 Kona Jake the Snake

mapei

Dirt Disciple
Luck and speed made me the owner of this bike today.

Comparing with bikepedias spec its has quite a few different parts, anyone know if thats original or what happend? The recent owner was also the original, he had not changed any parts, other than the tires. These parts are differnet than bikepedia:

- Tioga alchemy stem
- Sugino 75 crank - arm and chainrings!
- B-1 hub in the front wheel
- xtr front xt rear cantilver braks

Anyone heard about this combo before?

..the bike is orange and great!!

Eirik

Attachments

• jake the snake.jpg
    jake the snake.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 585
Thats a nice Jake :)
I wouldn't get too hung up about bikepedia spec difference. Bikepedia is generally for US models so if in Europe or the UK then its usually a different spec and colour sometimes as well. Other times Bikepedia is just a bit wrong. If the original owner says its original spec then thats the best source.
Sometimes spec can change throughout the year as well as the odd part up specced if there is a shortage of the original.
Either way thats a good looking and well specced ride. The best colour too.
Let us know how it rides.

Jamie

Tks, for your answere! True that bikepedia doesent always match European bikes, and the spec anyway better than bikepdia :).

It rides well, the original seat is very narrow and not a very good idea. I think for the first time i will use brooks on a racer.

The ide is to use it winter/autum, but it looks fabolous and has hardly beens used so i am i doubt. It handels more like tractor compared to my other and newer bikes, very sturdy and safe. It got some kind om MTB feeling, but still it picks up nice speed quite easy. The handlebar i kind of broad and for me very comfy. I will take it into the woods this weekend, and chekc it out where it belongs.

Back