1998 Gary Fisher Level Betty FH1 Mountain Bike- Rebuilt

LewisRJ

Retro Newbie
For sale is a Gary Fisher Level Betty FH1 Mountain Bike that cost £2000 back when it was new. It is very rare (I have found only one other for sale worldwide!) and was one of the original downhill/freeride bikes). I know this bike is highly collectible but is also very practical and in perfect working order.

Size- 18 inches from bottom bracket to top of seat tube

I have worked as a cycle mechanic at Massif Bikes in Cambourne for over two years. I fully rebuilt this bike down to every last nut bolt and bearing:

All new bearings
Full inner and outer cable replacement
New Shimano Bottom Bracket
New chain
new cartridge style Aztec rear brake pads
New(er) Avid Juicy 180mm hydraulic front disc with new clarks pads
Wheels trued and hubs correctly adjusted
Full clean, degrease, lubricate and polish (a bit dusty from its test ride to Thetford after)
FSA sealed bearing headset

Other notable parts included:
rare Rockshox Judy XL triple-clamp forks
Ceramic coated rear braking surface
Rock shox rear shock
Borla flat bars with a slight sweep ( old ones had sun faded)
Specialized platform pedals
New merida grips
XT rear mech
STX RC front mech and trigger shifters
Sugino crankset

I will throw in a bottle cage and 2 slick tyres for road use.

The bike ran like a dream at its test ride at Thetford, but I was gutted to find out I was too large for it, so I must sell it for a suitable replacement.

The negatives:
non original bars
Slight tear in the front of the seat
Some chips to paint and some tatty stickers, particularly on the swingarm (could be removed, I thought it added character)

I will also include the original brake caliper (lever was seized)

I am asking alot less than the bike is worth, as I need to find a replacement asap. Viewing is always welcome.

£250

Thanks
Lewis

Hi, and welcome to the forum :)

Now, do us a favour - read The Rules, and stick a price on before this thread gets locked.

And STX-RC is comparatively modern compared to a lot of kit that gets bought and sold on here...

Good luck with the sale.

Latest posts

Back