1989 YETI F.R.O. For Racing Only SOLD

What a coincidence…..

Private bidder also on the bar ends too

I realise there are private eBay bidders but that’s all too obvious

No because he will just keep bidding on another account and pushing the price up like he already has.
What a coincidence…..

Private bidder also on the bar ends too

I realise there are private eBay bidders but that’s all too obvious
Had this shenanigans on gym equipment I was bidding on. Too much of it going on these days and that seat tube crack is hardly a ‘small’ concern 🤨

It also indicates that it has no serial number. And I think the only bikes without a serial number were the first 3 or 4, round top tube (Motocruiser). Production started with number 300. For a race used bike, as the seller says, the paint looks too new.

Maybe the paint came around the same time as that Chris King? ;)

And the FTW font is off, no?

Unless earlier ones sometimes had a thinner typeface treatment and I've just never noticed it before?

All that said, in that size, that's ALMOST a perfect FRO. It's exactly what I'd one day, somehow, like to own.

But, christ, not for $6k!

Madness. It's all become a complete and utter madness.

Almost perfect but still cracked……

I’d like one or an early 90s Yeti of some kind but not at that money for sure unless it’s mint. And I’d still not spend 6k.

A few months ago I bought this from a friend on eBay, he didn't have an eBay account and I remember that after negotiating, I paid €2,500 including shipping costs. Serial number 5xx.

Attachments

• 4AF8FE07-164A-4BAE-9B2D-4F7E7F32069A.jpeg
    4AF8FE07-164A-4BAE-9B2D-4F7E7F32069A.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 48
A few months ago I bought this from a friend on eBay, he didn't have an eBay account and I remember that after negotiating, I paid €2,500 including shipping costs. Serial number 5xx.

That looks lovely :cool:

Back