1989 Raleigh Montage

Cool cool cool

I'm glad the Raleigh Montage has been rediscovered by some people

It was awesome

And rare for Raleigh's standard range, it wasn't heavy!

A thoroughly practical classic

- and pure retro, what a colour!

- and freaky decals too as stock...

I think if I had one, I'd try and get decals for it

I would post this in the correct forum and give you the link if I had made 5 other posts, can't start a topic yet - 2 more to go!

But there is a Raleigh Montage on Ebay in Ware, Hertfordshire - if only I lived closer.

I don't know whether to do up my massif or look for a lighter touring/all purpose frame. I am at my parents and they want some of there garage back.

I wish I lived closer to Ware though!

Re:

I will soon be coming into the position of 2 of these raleigh montage's. Both absolutely immaculate. Will post pics when I get them...

now i dont know what to do with them... other than the mud guards, the panniers, (seats?) and maybe the tyres on the mint coloured one - im guessing theyre totally origional.

hardly a single mark on either of them

some slight variations between the 2. other than the tyres

> different crank sets and deraliour (one is suntour accushift XCT. the other is sunitour 3040 deraliour with sakae SX crankset)
> one has the rear brake cable running under the top tube whilst the other has it running over the top
> one has a tange unique x headset whilst the other is unbranded

im guessing that even the bottle cages are origional

i think the mint bike may be an early version of the montage and the blue one is a later example. the blue one has black ALESA rims..

... let me know any thoughts, knowlage and opinions you guys have on these, would be very much apriciated

cheers, steve

The mint coloured one was definitely around about 88 - I can remember being in a bike shop in 88 and seeing a kid getting bought one.

Re:

I cant get enough of these era Raleigh - proper workhorses :cool:

I like the Mudguards on them, I was out earlier without mudguards and I have a nice brown stripe up my back :facepalm:

Time to get sensible and fit a set ;)

Back