1988 GT Timberline Frankenbike.

22TheAve

Dirt Disciple
I bought the 21" frame only on ebay, The guy had it powder coated black, it originally had that weird black, gray and yellow lightning pattern paint, I found a spot somewhere on it that had a tiny bit of the original paint.. I put the decals on as with all my bikes. I bought it because instantly I saw it in my mind as a weird single speed concoction. I put old school knee saver bmx bars, and triple clamp chopper like forks and white Alex rims with redline hubs and a single speed shimano spacer kit. I may change the handlebars someday and add gears, I dont know yet, I have plenty of geared bikes so who knows. I'm going to put disc brakes on this one, I can have a friend at work design a clamp for the rear of the frame to adapt to disc brakes... The Crank is a deore xt originally on my haro extreme. The chain is a KMC black and white link. And the grips are probably going on something else, I have Black and white Ritchey grips for this. Anyway, its a fun looking one....

Attachments

• IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0097.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_0122.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_0398.JPG
    IMG_0398.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_0400.JPG
    IMG_0400.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_0403.jpg
    IMG_0403.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_0404.JPG
    IMG_0404.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 721
Hotwheels.":1pv86yto said:
How odd.......I love it! Why not the original longer fork?

Thanks, I wanted it to be odd. I have a 98 Dyno Deuce beach cruiser and this bike feels very similar. I cut down the chrome forks in the picture above around 7-8 inches roughly. They were just way too long, plus the steering felt weird and as though i'd fall backward when peddling hard. I sand blasted the fork tubes and had them powder coated with the handle bars, i still gotto blast the bottom of the steerer tube and have it coated along with the stem spacer. I'm going to need a chain tensioner on this one, even though it has slotted horizontal rear drop outs, the chain is just at an odd length and cant seem to adjust it tight in the slot available.

Re:

Not sure I like it to be honest, but mostly what you see on here Is original/period/catalogue spec builds and it's good To see something different once in a while :D

....I'm guessing your a bit of a maiden fan? ;)

Sean

Re:

yea I understand, it looks kind of cliche or something, but it is very comfortable the way your arms sit and thats what im goin for, a car show cruiser bike slow, comfortable, unusual and quality. And it sits very high! Thanks for the comment. oh and yea I've been a fan since I was 12 or something, have almost all albums and Bruce's solo stuff...

Re: Re:

22TheAve":1a2fwnht said:
yea I understand, it looks kind of cliche or something, but it is very comfortable the way your arms sit and thats what im goin for, a car show cruiser bike slow, comfortable, unusual and quality. And it sits very high! Thanks for the comment. oh and yea I've been a fan since I was 12 or something, have almost all albums and Bruce's solo stuff...

I never really liked Bruce Dickenson as a frontman, I've always preferred the killers era when Paul di'anno was on vocals. Killers was a Great album!

Anyway, keep the crazy bike ideas coming :p :LOL:

Sean

Re: Re:

I never really liked Bruce Dickenson as a frontman, I've always preferred the killers era when Paul di'anno was on vocals. Killers was a Great album!

Anyway, keep the crazy bike ideas coming :p :LOL:

Sean[/quote]

Yea I love the early stuff too, Paul di'anno was great, I have a high vaultage album with Paul singing "oh baby" that as far as I know was never put on an album and it and the other few songs were called the sound house tapes. If you haven't heard oh baby look it up its pretty funny. I don't really have a favorite era, as weird as it sounds I kind of grew with the band, I even liked blaze Bayley when he was in the band, I have his autograph. But Bruce is my favorite and all the band members throughout maidens history have been so talented. I really liked Clive burrs drumming a lot, more maybe, but nicko is just as cool. Any way yea I have plenty more strange bikes I'm doing, I'll eventually post em..

Back