1983, 24" Cruiser - NOW SOLD

scooter

Retro Guru
Hi all,
This has been in my collection for a few years now & the identity of the frame still remains a mystery to me, to be fair I haven't really tried to find out. Ive just enjoyed owning it and taking out on the occasional sunny day ride out.
Its a 24" cruiser and i do know that it was found as New old stock in a bike shop by a collector and the shop owner said its was stocked in 1983. The forks are tange and have been added later and the decals and padset were put on by a previous owner who had it in his large Raleigh burner collection, where it didn't look out of place due to the similarity of the Gusset plate which resembles the "R" on the pro burner (only this one has an "A" in the gusset plate)
The rear traingle has a similar likeness to the USA made Panda pro AM (same shape drop outs and the gusset plate behind the BB & the down tube is of larger diameter than the rest of the tubing, similar to the vdc changa size tubing.
So all in all this seems to be a truly rare frame, that i have never seen another like it

For sale is the frame & forks & also the vinyl padset (popper style).
Its in excellent condition all over & no rust anywhere to be seen, only faint marks where the wheel sits in the drop outs.
The last 3 pictures of it built up as i had it :)

& built up pics

Thanks , scott.

Re: 1983, 24" Cruiser

That's really, really nice. I would have been tempted but I'm in the middle of a deal for an SE OM Flyer.

Re: 1983, 24" Cruiser

It's a 2010 26" OM Flyer in yellow!

I'm trying to be sensible and buy something that suits my size. I have recently sold my Skyway TA 24 for something a little bigger but there's something about 24's that I can't resist :)

And I must resist. It's stunning and will make a fantastic base for someone.

Just out of curiosity, what length is the top tube?

Back