1973 Major Nichols and 1964 Flying Scot Frames

eastsidebikes

Retro Guru
2 Frames for sale, a 1973 Major Nichols and a 1964 "L" Flying Scot.

The Major Nichols has medium-long point lugs with distictive circular cutouts. In original paint and decals, some chips and dings in the paint/decals. 56cm ctc seat tube and 56cm ctc top tube. 120mm OLD. Frame and fork has Campagnolo dropouts, Campagnolo seatpost binder bolt. The dropout adjusters move, BB threads are good. 531 fork blades, frame tubes and stays, according to the remains of the tubing sticker :) Very elegant wrapover seatstays. Serial number is MN7396. Comes with period headseat, which is a little notchy with some rust coming through the chrome. £350 UK posted fully insured for this rare British lightweight.
IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_3218.jpg

IMG_3220.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

The Flying Scot is S/N L284, making it a 1964 frame most likely. It's 57.5cm ctc top tube, 57.5cm ctc seat tube. It has several Scot features, reinforcing tangs on the inside of the fork legs, reinforcements on the curved brake bridge. The top of the seat-tube is carved in a way that a lot of Andy McNeil frames are and the seatstays are finished in a way that you mostly see on 70s Flying Scots (there is frame with similar details on the Flying Scot site, #L31 is very similar). It's been resprayed at some point, the respray is actually ok quality, pearlescent white with olive green. I'll include a set of Flying Scot script style transfers with the sale. £150 UK posted.
IMG_3237.jpg

vlecx36r9

3xa38jd9x

9zhpz11px

I'd be happy to post either overseas but postage will be added to the price. Open to offers, also I'm after a set of 10sp Chorus aluminium ergopowers and derailers for swaps? Cheers

Latest posts

Back